Wednesday 15 April 2009

Technology, famous tombs and final words

Andie said...
LAST PART
Lots of advanced technology is being used in the Valley of the Kings to try to locate any remaining royal tombs. An unexcavated tomb known as KV64 has been found using technology which can find big holes in the ground, but it seems very small. We will have to wait and see what is found when it is excavated!

Sadly there are only a few pharaohs whose tombs have not yet been found. Most of the royal (and elite) tombs were emptied by tomb robbers. Of the ones left to be found, it is unlikely that any will have escaped the tomb robbers but we all hope that something as special as Tutankhamun's tomb will be found. Tutankhamun was not an important king, and his tomb was very small. If the tombs of the famous kings Seti I and Ramessess II had not been robbed I am sure that they would have produced some amazing artefacts.

I hope that in the future we weill find tombs that have not been robbed but I think that new technologies will be most useful for discovering settlement sites and small cemeteries for ordinary people rather than rich royal tombs.

I think that I have covered all the questions but do let me know if I have missed anything!Thanks so much for all your questions.All the bestAndie

Thursday, 09 April, 2009

1 comment:

  1. so what your saying is find tombs ain't like it is in the movie national treasure. Or is there clues leading to other clues then finally the treasure.

    ReplyDelete